Let me tell you something about today. Today was the hottest day of the year in New Jersey, I woke up sweating despite air conditioning because it was 95 degrees. Now, i did what any logical person would do and I put on my favorite pair of shorts so i wouldn’t be sweating throughout the day.
Even in my shorts i was sweating my balls off but I went through half of my day as normal, no boys stared at my ass or tried to grope me in public yet when i went to the the cafeteria a teacher told me to go to the office because he finds my shorts inappropriate. I head down to the office to find a group of girls wearing shorts and skirts sitting in a small room in the office, we where all ordered to call our parents or to change into the clothes they had offered us from the school store. These items of clothing included sweatpants and a large heavy sweatshirt. I obviously refused to where those because it was 95 degrees and when you are sweating the key to cool down is NOT to put on more clothes. They told me I would have to stay in that room the whole day if it came down to it.
I was able to leave the office when my friend gave me a pair of yoga pants. The man who made me go down to the office brought down several other girls as I was leaving, at this point they didn’t care how long the shorts where they just sent everyone who was wearing a pair down. They warned me that if I put my shorts back on they would right me up.
I put them back on anyway because just walking down the hallway in those yoga pants made me faint, dizzy,and extremely hot. Thats the main issue, it is hot enough for people to pass out in school but to the school system they would rather a girl suffer from a heat stroke then to have a boy become turned on. My shorts don’t say “COme fuck me in the middle of class” they say,”Its warm out”
The sexualizing of innocent students is not okay
Risking students health is not okay
and tHE LACK OF FEMINISM IN THE SCHOOL SYSTEM WILL NEVER BE OKAY
Today was literally horrible
I hate our school so much
I can’t reblog this enough omg
That’s because New Jersey sucks
It’s not just NJ. My high school in Virginia does this all the time, but they don’t do it to the “popular girls” which is the absolute worst. They purposely target the girls who are alone at my school because chances are they don’t have friends to back them up or powerful parents.
This happened to my friend. She was reported by an anonymous student for her shorts during a day during spirit week at school and was forced to change, even though there were still a large amount of girls wearing the exact same type of shorts (those fabric athletic ones) who weren’t even questioned. The only difference was that my friend wasn’t stick thin like the rest of the unreported girls.
It’s not just a lack of feminism, it’s a lack of respect.
when u get a cute button up shirt and u think it’s going to fit and it does but. but then. u see it. The Thing
OKAY I’ve been raking in all kinds of bank lately, so a hella giveaway for all you cutie followers out there!!
RULES (u lil shits better follow them)
- Likes and reblogs BOTH count, reblog as much as you want. Idc if you spam your followers, if they unfollow you that’s on you, sorry.
- You must be following me cause it’s a giveaway for my cutie followers, friends.
- Giveaway ends April 23rd. I REPEAT, APRIL 23rd. I would end it later, but i plan to do a ‘start to summer giveaway’ or something, so this one’s ending a bit early.
- If the winner chooses to be named publicly, DO NOT send them hate. Please please PLEASE.
- There will only be one winner, they will receive everything above.
- I’ll ship anywhere, and I’ll cover shipping costs, cause it’d be stupid if you had to pay for it.
- You’ll have to be comfortable giving me your address. (I promise i wont creep on ya)
(ok maybe) (no i promise I wont)
- I will order shirts in ANY size, dont worry about it :D
- If you dont want something/ are not in the fandom, i will substitute it for another item of equal value, or you can choose to gift it to another entrant who i will pick by random number generator (not judgin u if ya choose to keep it) (i totally would tbh)
- If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!
- Sherlock Season 1!!!
- Long Sleeved “I don’t shave for Sherlock Holmes” shirt
- Spn dean quotes shirt. I’ve got this shirt already btw and it’s p rockin
- It’s not a fandom giveaway without the samulet
- Star Trek into darkness poster
- Star trek badges
- 10’s sonic screw driver!
- A tenth doctor quotes T shirt
(I’m lying to myself, this isnt gonna get past 5k, but it’s a thought)
- If this gets 5k notes I will also get the winner a book of their choice, within 20$ of value
- 10k notes the winner will also receive a shirt of their choice, 30$ +shipping of value
- 25k notes and I’ll throw in sherlock S2 and or S1 of any show of your choice
- 50k notes and I’ll throw in an 50$ Amazon gift card
- If it get’s anymore than that honestly I’ll be pretty fricken surprised, but I’ll think of something to add but I’m not made of money yo this giveaway might drain me a bit (ok not really) (i’m moldy money I have so much saved up) (and a new job)
(And a rich dad)(shh, ill stop now)
- Maybe i’ll have a pizza delivered to ur door (and whatever side ya want) yeah that sounds good. Any thing over 50k notes an above u lil shits get pizza. hella.
- After 50k i honestly dont know, it probs wont get there, so.
..yes the list is quite large. But I wish you all the best in winning, again, if you have any questions/comments/concerns drop by my ask box.
GOOD LUCK, FRIENDS, GET REBLOGGING.
My family is literally the worst. These kids are so annoying and so spoiled. And for the love of god can someone make them stop screaming?!
In which “Jenny” Bravo is sick of your shit
High-five for open minded people
this is cute and also observe: sometimes people aren’t being deliberately close-minded and douchey about issues like sexuality etc. ok sometimes they just need somebody to patiently and politely explain things to them
Dear Social Justice Bloggers
omg who is this gurl